Saskatchewan’s Psychologists Act, 1997, was proclaimed March 1, 2002.
The Psychologists Act (1997) set up an Executive Council, elected by the members of the College. The Executive Council consists of a President, President-Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and three Members at Large. It is also mandated to include three Public Representatives appointed by the Government. The first general election of a new Council of the College was held in March 2003.
The requirements for registration under the new Act are either:
- a master’s or a doctoral degree in a program consisting primarily of psychology
classes from an education institution recognized by Council; or
- registration in good standing as a psychologist in a recognized jurisdiction.
The SCP Registration Policy and Procedures and Applicant’s Information Handbook are both available here
as PDF files. To view or print these documents you must have the free
Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- MRA Update — January 2005
Applicant’s Self-Report of MRA Competencies Form
- Information Handbook for Applicants – under revision
- Registration and Authorized Practice Endorsement: Policy and Procedures
- Authorized Practice Endorsement: Regulations and Application Procedural Guidelines—approved July 12, 2003
- List of Registered Psychologists
Application and other forms can be found on the Forms page.
To view or print these documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.