Executive Council Highlights
Highlights of April 21, 2007 Meeting
Location: The meeting was called to order at the SCP Office at 9:35 a.m.
Present: M. Vandergoot, J. Curry, K. Todd, J. Dudgeon, S. Jacobson, F. Lalonde, W. Lyons, L. Vilness
K. Messer-Engel, Registrar
- There are currently 483 members in the College including 374 Full Practising, 58 Provisional and 51 Non-Practising. Seven Provisional members are awaiting their Oral Exams.
- K. Messer-Engel will represent the College at the ASPPB mid-year meeting in Louisville , Kentucky April 26th to April 29th 2007 .
- Deputy Registrar Carol Frey accompanied K. Messer-Engel to the Health Privacy Conference on April 16th in Regina .
- Council accepted the APE/Oral Examination Handbook and authorized it to be used for the Oral Examination process.
- Council continued to consider the question of mandatory insurance and agreed that it was important to inform members that some costs such as those associated with disciplinary hearings are unlikely to be covered under an employer’s insurance.
- Disciplinary hearings are very costly and the College is empowered to recover these costs and to levy additional fines (Psychologists Act 1997 32 (2)(a)). Council passed a motion that, commencing January 1, 2008 , a member found at fault in a Discipline Committee hearing will be held responsible for the full costs incurred by the College for the hearing.
- It was identified at the AGM that improved Council/Committee communications would be desirable. K. Messer-Engel and members of the Executive have agreed to act as liaisons to the Council Committees.
Upcoming meetings are tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
May 26, 2007
Jun 23, 2007
Aug 25, 2007
Sep 22, 2007
Oct 27, 2007
Nov 24, 2007
Jan 26, 2008
Mar 1, 2008
back to Executive Council Highlights page