Highlights of October 24, 2015 Executive Council Meeting
Location: SCP Office – the meeting was called to order at 10:00 a.m.
Chair: Glenn Pancyr(President)
Present: Rori Lee (Secretary), Michael White (Treasurer), Michelle Shaw (Member-at-Large), Dan Ash (Public Representative), Karen Litke (Past-President), Shannon Fuchs-Lacelle (Member-at-Large), Kathy Chisholm (Public Representative), Tim Claypool (President-Elect), David Butt (Public Representative)Renee Schmidt (Member-at-Large)
Karen Messer-Engel (Executive Director/Registrar)
- A technology presentation was provided to Executive Council in regards to using smart boards, projectors and wireless technology. Council will continue to research the College’s technology needs with an eye to streamlining and enhancing the College’s meetings.
- Council has provided clarification in regards to yellow Page advertisements. A member can reference within their advertisement what they offer but may not refer to having a specialization.
- Glenn Pancyr and Karen Messer-Engel provided Council with information from the Annual meeting of ASPPB. There were numerous presentations and a historical overview of regulatory boards over the last 50 years. ASPPB represents both Canadian and American regulatory jurisdictions and it is important that there is regular and strong Canadian representation at this table.
- Suggested revisions to the information Handbook for new registrants were submitted by an Ad Hoc committee tasked with its review. These revisions are intended to make the Handbook more user friendly. Council will review the handbook once the revisions are finalized.
- A policy regarding Record Retention and Destruction for College records was reviewed and accepted. The College will retain records for 7 years post-date of last contact for member files.
- The College approved the posting to the website of the advisory “school Psychologists: Parental/Guardian Consent to Psychological Services and Disclosure of Student Records”.